FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
FLORIDA FAMILY ACTION RELEASES 2018 LEGISLATIVE SCORECARD GRADING
LAWMAKERS ON LIFE, FAMILY AND RELIGIOUS LIBERTY RELATED ISSUES
Orlando, FL — On Tuesday, July 31, 2018, Florida Family Action the legislative arm of the Florida Family Policy Council released its 2018 State Legislative Scorecard issuing letter grades and numeric scores to every member of the House and Senate.
Individual legislators were scored based upon votes favorable or unfavorable to FFA’s legislative agenda. The guide scored 10 issues on FFA’s legislative agenda from 2017 to 2018. State legislators received both a letter grade from A+ to F- and a corresponding numeric percentage score from 0-100%.
The scorecard also features a two page article on a piece of legislation that was given the “Worst Bill in the World Award.”
In the House of Representatives, the average House Democrat score is 34%. The average House Republican score was 96%. Fifty-nine (59) Republican Representatives and one (1) Democrat Representative received a perfect “A+” score.
- Eleven (11) Republican Representatives and one (1) Democrat Representative received a B.
- Four (4) Republican Representatives received a C.
- Two (2) Republican Representatives and one (1) Democratic Representative received a D.
- Thirty-Eight (38) Democratic Representatives received an F.
In the Florida Senate, the average Democrat score was 21% and the average Republican score was 77%.
- Five (5) Republican State Senators received a perfect A+ score.
- Five (5) Republican Senators and one (1) Democrat Senator received a B.
- Seven (7) Republican Senators received a C.
- Four (4) Republican Senators and one (1) Democratic Senator received a D.
- Two (2) Republican Senators and thirteen (13) Democratic Senators received an F.
A full copy of the Scorecard can be downloaded at floridafamilyaction.org/scorecard.
Other FFA voter guide products for Candidate Endorsements, Constitutional Amendments and Judicial Voter Guide will be released next week.
For more information or for media interviews
Or call 407-418-0250
# # #